Gardener/Housekeeper for large house and 80 acre estate in East Sussex.
|Location:||UNITED KINGDOM, South East England, East Sussex|
|Job type:||Permanent, Full time|
|Date:||Friday 3rd May 2019|
|Closing date:||Monday 3rd June 2019|
A live in couple are required for a seven bedroom house and gardens in East Sussex. The estate is within an area designated as of outstanding natural beauty. The house was built just 10 years ago and therefore has modern equipment and is relatively easy to clean and maintain.
The owners are in residence for around two thirds of their time. Two cats are permanent and important residents. Other adult family members and guests come to stay for some weekends and the owners often entertain local friends.
The responsibilities of the Gardener will include -:
• The further development and maintenance of the gardens (originally designed by an RHS gold medalist).
• The stewardship of the park-like areas surrounding the house and of the woods and wild flower areas beyond.
• The operation and maintenance of a range of garden machinery and a bore-hole based irrigation system.
• Car valeting and occasional driving.
• And, particularly in Winter, maintenance and decoration work in the Main House.
The responsibilities of the Housekeeper will include -:
• Maintaining and cleaning the House to an exceptionally high standard.
• Cooking and serving breakfast (usually for two people and occasionally for more) on three to four mornings a week.
• Laundering and ironing.
• If suitably qualified, cooking and serving formal lunches and dinners and catering for larger parties.
• Working with the Gardener (as household duties are likely to take up no more than half of the working week).
Ideal candidates would be a fully experienced Head Gardener and a Cordon Bleu Chef. However, careful consideration will be given to other applicants with high potential who could grow into their jobs while working under the guidance of outside Head Gardeners and Chefs.
Other skills such as building/engineering/plumbing/ electrical would certainly be an advantage.
The couple appointed will be able to live independently in newly built and self contained accommodation 40 yards from the Main House. The one bedroom flat has a fully equipped kitchen, a dining area and a lounge with flat screen TV and WiFi. A car will be provided for personal use.
Working time will be based on a normal five day week and paid holidays. Some weekend working will be required and will be by prior arrangement and with other days off in lieu.
Remuneration will be related to experience, qualifications and skills.
Please apply with detailed cv’s.
Applicants must -:
• Have open and friendly personalities and a positive can-do attitude.
• Work well together as a team.
• Be ready to take initiatives to deal with any technical or other problems in the house or grounds.
• Be cat lovers.
• Have clean driving licenses.
• Be totally committed non smokers (as for health reasons there can be no smoking in any of - the Main House, the Lodge, the Cars, or the Gardens).
• Provide an up to date DBS check and comprehensive references from personal and business referees who will be directly contacted during the recruitment process.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
Lady.co.uk is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site and recommends that all job applications are made via the 'Apply now' button above. If you have concerns about any job you see on Lady.co.uk, please report the job to our quality team.