|Location:||UNITED KINGDOM, Greater London, Hackney, London|
|Job type:||Permanent, Days & Nights|
|Date:||Friday 8th November 2019|
|Closing date:||Sunday 8th December 2019|
• We are hiring another member for ‘Team Margaret’ in a cool loft space (also known as the Nannexe) in hipster Shoreditch!
• Margaret is a lovely 96 year old lady who loves listening to classical music, singing in her comfy rise and recline chair, and trying not to let Waffle the cockapoo puppy steal her food!
• Responsibilities involve cooking for Margaret and yourself, personal care/help with mobility but mostly she loves to sleep and relax in her chair listening to music. When she feels more awake, she adores being entertained and often sings and plays her two pianos (obvs not at the same time).
• Margaret's grandson lives and works in two of the other flats in the same building. This has created a lovely family vibe and allows him and the team to pop in to visit Margaret through out the day and to sit and have a cup of tea with the carer on duty.
FULL TIME - 1 WEEK ON, 1 WEEK OFF switching on Wednesday's.
To start within the next month.
You will be provided with your own room next to Margaret's for the weeks that you will be working. All food that is cooked for Margaret is also available for yourself(most of it is organic!).
- Applicant must have previous care experience
- Be happy with the occasional overnight stay from Waffle (the 8 month old cockapoo puppy @whereswaffle).
- Must be flexible and be able to work well within a team. Both carers will need to cover the occasional appointment/holiday/emergency during their week off if necessary.
Enjoy listening to music/singing/have a hobby that you think Margaret will also enjoy (crosswords, poetry, lego..).
- Please send your CV if available
- Please write a paragraph that sums up why Margaret (and Waffle) would benefit from having you as one of her carers!
This job contains a mini interview
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
Lady.co.uk is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site and recommends that all job applications are made via the 'Apply now' button above. If you have concerns about any job you see on Lady.co.uk, please report the job to our quality team.