|Location:||UNITED KINGDOM, Cambridge|
|Job type:||Fixed-Term, Part time|
|Date:||Tuesday 4th June 2019|
|Closing date:||Thursday 27th June 2019|
- Job description:
Nurses (Welfare Officers) are essential for providing preventive services, identifying problems in the earliest stages and overseeing interventions and referrals as a way to foster health and ensure educational success. We are looking for approachable and qualified individuals to work at each of our summer school campuses.
- Operating the medical room on each campus during open hours.
- Filling out the medical report forms.
- Consulting and liaising with the Programme Director (PD) regarding the course of action for more serious matters.
- Adhering to the ORA medication protocol when administering over-the-counter medications.
- Logging any medications given to students into the medical binder.
- Providing an End of Summer Report and any recommendations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading international education company.
This job would suit someone who displays the following key attributes:
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- The ability to win the trust of students and encourage them to talk about their problems
- The ability to explore sensitive issues with tact, understanding and patience
- The ability to stay calm in an emergency
- Record-keeping and organisational skills
Essential Qualifications / Experience
- Extensive professional experience as a qualified nurse
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) approved degree and current registration
- Advanced understanding of child development
- Knowledge of issues related to safeguarding of children
- Registered Pediatric Nurse
- Previous experience of school nursing
This job contains a mini interview
- » Education & Training
This job is listed in:
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
Lady.co.uk is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site and recommends that all job applications are made via the 'Apply now' button above. If you have concerns about any job you see on Lady.co.uk, please report the job to our quality team.