A unique opportunity to be in the North Pennines from Spring 2020.
|Location:||UNITED KINGDOM, North West England, Cumbria|
|Job type:||Permanent, Full time|
|Date:||Wednesday 2nd October 2019|
|Closing date:||Saturday 2nd November 2019|
A unique opportunity to be responsible for the maintenance of a 2000 acre rural estate in the North Pennines from Spring 2020.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, motivated individual who will take responsibility for looking after all angles of maintenance. The right person will have a large degree of autonomy and we are looking to develop a long-term relationship and commitment, where our estate becomes your home. Having said this, this is not a role for the feint hearted: it will be hard-work, largely physical and predominantly outside, often in challenging weather. Whilst the expectation is 40 hours a week, our focus will be entirely on satisfactory completely of tasks, results and attitude. A broad outline would be:
• Maintaining and repairing fences, walls and tracks;
• Basic maintenance of buildings;
• Basic maintenance estate vehicles
• Woodland maintenance;
• Simple building works;
• Driving including occasional pick up from the station;
• Dog walking and care of dog(s) in owners’ absence.
The ideal applicant will have:
• Be a self starter,
• Be capable of working unsupervised;
• Be practical and able to adapt to fix things
• Be flexible, discreet, efficient and work with attention to detail
• Be fit, energetic and good natured
• Be happy to work with others in the rural community
• Basic IT skills (ie email) would be an advantage
Having satisfactorily undertaken a similar role in the past would be an advantage, but is not essential for the right candidate.
A two/three bedroom house, on the estate, and vehicle are provided.
The opportunity would suit a couple where one partner has independent employment.
Please apply with CV.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
Lady.co.uk is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site and recommends that all job applications are made via the 'Apply now' button above. If you have concerns about any job you see on Lady.co.uk, please report the job to our quality team.