Management couple - Scotland
|Job type:||Permanent, Full time|
|Date:||Tuesday 29th October 2019|
|Closing date:||Friday 29th November 2019|
The owners of a 17 bedroom Fishing Hotel in the far north of
Scotland are looking for a Management couple.
The Hotel is set among some of the Highlands most iconic Salmon
rivers and enjoys primarily a clientele of Salmon Anglers and their
families (97% of occupancy), some of whom have been loyal guests for
over 40 years. Cyclists, Hillwalkers and Motorists add to this March
to September, seasonal trade
The successful couple must have experience of running a busy Hotel and delivering exceptional customer service on all aspects of accommodation, food and beverage to a discerning clientele.
They will undoubtably have the passion and personalities to deliver the above, together with the ability to build a team with the training and skills required to support them in this, ensuring the delivery of an outstanding and unique experience to every guest.
Primarily the disciplines required are…
- Hotel Manager
- On site Bar Manager
- Head of Housekeeping
- Head of Maintenance
Accommodation: 3-bedroom , self-contained, partially furnished cottage. All outgoings covered, including food. If using own car, arrangements can be made for per mile fuel allowance
Salary: Dependant on experience plus a pension of 5% of agreed remuneration.
Start Date: To be agreed with the successful couple.
Plese apply with CV.
A non-exclusive list of these strengths, Qualities and Requirements follow in no particular
1. Welcoming personality, naturally tolerant and good with customers.. Getting to ’know
them’ is VERY important
2. Positive leader and role model who will uphold the company’s values and encourage
teamwork amongst the small but important staff.
3. Accepting bookings and dealing with enquiries from the general public
4. Assist with logistics for events and guest arrivals
5. Be able to create delicious and creative food and drink offers in all bar meals,
breakfasts, buffet packed lunches and dinners.
6. Control and coordinate the guests ‘Bar bills’ which at times can be complicated
7. Manage the cleaning of all areas of the hotel to a high standard
8. Recruit and manage seasonal staff during months that hotel is open for guests (March
– September) (bar staff, housekeepers, and contractors)
9. Coordinate and drive the team to promote the business, focus on the customer and
try to exceed customer expectations – this is really important.
10. Work well with solicitors, licensing authorities, property and other consultants as well
as the ever important local residents.
11. Operate a system of internal controls in all aspects of the business to deliver full
statutory and regulatory compliance and demonstrating the effectiveness of these
controls regularly to the Board. Particularly in the H&S areas.
12. Be familiar with internet and social media communications and comfortable with Excel
13. Be capable of liaising with our internet and web site providers and utilising the web
site for marketing opportunities.
14. Communicate information to the Board with regard to issues that may impact on the
performance. They must provide a full monthly report with ‘Key Performance
Indicators’ (KPIs) and monthly management accounts against budget to the Board, emailed
not later than three weeks after month end. A familiarity with ‘Quick Books’
which is utilised by our out-sourced accounting consultant would be a considerable
15. Coordinate all communications from the Board to the team.
16. Develop and liaise with all suppliers. Managing stocks of all food and beverage and
placing orders through local and national suppliers. Coordinating the team to maximize
purchasing power and efficiency in all these areas.
17. Particularly with regard to food hygiene, liaise with the statutory bodies as well as
working on the agreement of contracts relating to those who supply the related
18. Operate the ‘MainStay’ booking system, generating the required reports and handling
the often complicated accommodation requests from clients.
19. Monitor and maintain standards of staff recruitment, levels of staff, as well as appraisals
and training and maintain labour costs according to budgets that have been agreed.
20. Work well with the Board and manage the business according to the agreed budgets
21. Develop and co-ordinate all kitchen operations, food menu development, as well as
22. Manage any and all maintenance and building works during months that the hotel is
closed to guests
23. Assist with logistics for events and guest arrivals
24. Deal directly with river and loch managers
25. Understand how to operate a biomass heating system and borehole water reservoir
26. Drive to pick up supplies if needed… If using ‘own’ car a mileage allowance will be
paid for such journeys.
27. Preparing the hotel and its assets for the out of season close down period.
28. The operation is in a quite remote location and the successful couple should be capable
of coping with such circumstance and show resourcefulness and adaptability
29. Safeguarding the hotel and its assets during the close down period.
30. Providing the Board with a capital works and refurbishment requirements programme.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
Lady.co.uk is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site and recommends that all job applications are made via the 'Apply now' button above. If you have concerns about any job you see on Lady.co.uk, please report the job to our quality team.