|Location:||UNITED KINGDOM, Exeter|
|Job type:||Permanent, Part time|
|Date:||Wednesday 19th February 2020|
|Closing date:||Thursday 19th March 2020|
We are looking for passionate and caring individuals to provide care and assistance to a young Male Adult, who will assist Thomas with all his needs and create plenty of opportunities for him to have fun! If you think you could make a positive difference to this young man’s life, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits of working with us
· Full training for the role.
· Gastrostomy Peg feeding, if required
· Manual Handling if required
· Wages @ £1100.00 per week (two weeks on, two weeks off)
· Flexible weeks (two weeks on two weeks off)
· Mon to Sunday 6 days a week (will include breaks through the day) Saturday 08:00– 21:00 Sunday 08:00–10:00 & 18:00–22:00
· Holidays depending on hours worked (paid pro-rata)
· The opportunity to have a truly meaningful impact on Thomas’s life and family.
Responsibilities & Duties
· Driver required: Essential over 25 years of age for insurance purposes
· Use of Car: On duty, adapted vehicle (Automatic)
· Essential: Confident with physical disability and experienced working with young adults. Must be a non-smoker
.· Start Date: To be agreed
· Family Pet: King Charles Cavalier Dog
· Accommodation: Own bedroom with shower en-suite and kitchenette on Thomas’s side of the bungalow.
Thomas is a happy, outgoing 20-year-old young man. He is a highly charismatic and has a great sense of humour! He enjoys being taken out and about, using the keyboard, massage therapy and listening to music.
Thomas has cerebral palsy, visual impairment, Crohn’s disease & Epilepsy. Thomas requires adult assistance for all his care, including personal care, feeding and medication via a gastrostomy. Thomas lives with his family in a fully adapted bungalow, which is fitted with a hoist system. He also has an adapted vehicle which his care assistants will drive to take him out and about.
The role will involve helping Thomas get ready for the Day centre he attends, taking and collecting from the Day centre and after Day centre care. Thomas likes to go out and about, he particularly enjoys going into town, the countryside and the beach.
This job contains a mini interview
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
Lady.co.uk is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site and recommends that all job applications are made via the 'Apply now' button above. If you have concerns about any job you see on Lady.co.uk, please report the job to our quality team.