Residential Matron, Maternity Cover
|Location:||UNITED KINGDOM, Market Harborough|
|Job type:||Temporary, Full time|
|Date:||Tuesday 25th February 2020|
|Closing date:||Wednesday 4th March 2020|
POST: MATERNITY COVER RESIDENTIAL MATRON
JOB PURPOSE: To provide medical care for all students, staff and visitors
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Director of Admissions and Student Services.
- To co-ordinate and/or lead the provisions of on-site medical care for all students, staff and visitors, including Summer School.
- To co-ordinate and manage the medical centre at Fir Tree Walk.
- To provide on-site medical care for both 'drop in' day pupils as well as full time boarders in addition to any student with on-going issues and concerns.
- To administer medicines as necessary.
- To ensure full and holistic health care provision for boarders.
- To refer boarders to Market Harborough Medical Centre (MHMC), advise or assist with making appointments.
- To accompany the pupils to the MHMC and hospitals as necessary.
- To co-ordinate dental and optical checks/appointments for boarders as necessary.
- To provide total care of students registered as unwell at the college in conjunction with members of the residential team.
- To administer first aid to pupils in emergencies.
- To manage any immunisations as required.
- To maintain accurate hard copy records as necessary and co-ordinate these with our Engage database system.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of chronic diseases and childhood ailments and act on any alerts provided by the MHMC.
- To implement healthcare plans for students with illnesses such as diabetes, anemia etc. as necessary.
- To work alongside the catering and domestic teams as appropriate in order to co-ordinate any necessary healthcare plans.
- To support the general pastoral and supervisory work of the residential team as required.
- To be forever aware of students' physical and emotional needs and to work closely alongside the Head of Boarding, Residential Tutors, The Football Academy Physio and outside professionals as necessary.
- To co-ordinate the medical assessments and health/medical records for all new boarders.
- To gather appropriate medical information and maintain the necessary records for all students.
- To maintain sufficient levels of medical supplies and drugs as directed by the National Minimum Standards.
- To complete all relevant forms following accidents and, If necessary, report to the Health and Safety Executive via the RIDDOR form.
- To deal with bodily fluids in accordance with school policy.
- To oversee an overview of boarders' personal hygiene including hair, nails etc.
- To maintain professional competence by attending courses and study days.
- To maintain links with healthcare professionals and the Boarding Schools Association as necessary.
- To provide teaching and peripatetic staff with student based medical information prior to school trips and outings.
- To support the teaching and residential staff with students' hygiene in general.
- To support the PE and Football Academy staff as necessary.
- To play a high profile role upon occasions that include block sporting fixtures on site or at the Leisure Centre.
- To ensure the maintenance of all first aid kits on site and in the college vehicles.
- To offer general administrative support and assistance with various tasks, as necessary.
- To ensure that the college's medical protocol is adhered to at all times.
- To attend meetings as required by the Head of Boarding, Assistant Principal and Principal.
- To undertake all other duties, responsibilities and tasks as reasonably requested from time to time by the SMT.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
Lady.co.uk is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site and recommends that all job applications are made via the 'Apply now' button above. If you have concerns about any job you see on Lady.co.uk, please report the job to our quality team.